You’re invited: Do and Dye
A Make-and-Take Fundraiser for Textile Center
Thursday, November 7, 5 – 9 pm
$50 per person
Join us for an evening of DIY revelry! Dig into a vast array of art making activities in many media, from glass and hand-made paper to felting, fiber and much more.
Explore new skills, get creative, and peek behind the artistic scene with demos by prominent local artists. Go from project to project, and use your make-and-takes for holiday gifts. With libations, raffles, photobooth, food, and fun!
Proceeds benefit Textile Center, a nonprofit center for fiber art.
Special Event free parking located at 2828 University Ave just a few blocks west of Textile Center!
Going east on University: turn right into the lot on the east side of the building at 2828 University
Going west on University: make a U turn on 29th to go east on University. Take an immediate right into the lot on the east side of the 2828 University building.
View parking information.
- Learn to cut a stencil and pull multi-colored sheets of paper with Erica Spitzer Rasmussen. The result: one-of-a-kind sheets of handmade paper suitable for cards, collages or framing.
- Screen-print a haiku on a dish towel, napkin, or scarf with Anna Carlson. A perfect gift!
- Create a fused glass pendant with Potek Glass
- Paint on canvas with Simply Jane’s innovative techniques
- Artisan dyed, printed, or patterned papers: surface dying with natural dyes and quick silkscreen patterns on cotton paper with Articulture
- Printing plants on fabric with Sue Prints Plants
- Learn a millefiore technique with polymer clay which can be made into beads and buttons with Layl McDill.
- Crochet a necklace, bracelet or headband with Crochet Twin Cities
- Knit a pin or ornament with the Minnesota Knitters Guild
- Learn the foil surface design technique to make a button, pin or magnet with the Minnesota Contemporary Quilters
- and more
THANK YOU to our Sponsors for this event.
Support for the Make-and-Take activities provided by:
Crochet Twin Cities
Minnesota Contemporary Quilters
The Minnesota Knitters Guild
Mosaic on a Stick
Erica Spitzer Rasmussen
Sue Prints Plants
Weavers Guild of MN
Postcard design by Danae Rem.